Making these over the weekend – If you are counting calories then only have along with a salad and skip additional carbohydrates – you can decide whether to have one or two – depends on what else you are planning on eating at that mealtime.
Salmon Fish Cakes
From The Top 100 Recipes for Brainy Kids – Christine Bailey
300g/10½oz sweet potatoes
300g/10½oz salmon fillet
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped dill
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1 egg, beaten
100g/3½oz wholemeal breadcrumbs (or Gluten Free)
2 tsp olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Wrap the
potatoes in foil and bake for 1 hour, or until soft. When
cool, peel and mash. Mix all mayo ingredients together,
cover and chill.
2. Put the salmon in a baking dish with the lemon juice.
Cover and bake for 20 minutes until the flesh is opaque
and flakes easily. Cool, then discard the skin and flake
3. Mix the salmon, dill and lemon zest into the potatoes.
preparation and cooking – 20 minutes + 1 hour
45 minutes + chilling. 208 calories per fish cake.
Season with black pepper, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Shape into small patties and coat in the beaten egg
and breadcrumbs. Put on a baking sheet and chill for 30
5. Drizzle or lightly brush the olive oil over the fish cakes and bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden
6. Makes 6, serve with steamed leafy greens, 2 per